Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Trash To Treasure: Upcycled Desk

Over the summer I walked outside and saw that my neighbor was throwing out this beautiful desk. So i asked him if I could take it and he was more than happy to say yes.



It was beat! Sun damage, water damage, the wood was split.
What I did:
1) I put paint remover in order to remove the laquer
2) Sanded every single inch
3) With wood glue and wood filler fixed the splits and cracks
4) Stained it with a walnut stain
5) Used a pressurized spray gun to apply a satin polyeurathane protective coat
6) I also spray painted the handles black. They were this really beat up gold color.

After all that hard work you have this!


 Don't forget someone elses junk is somebodies treasure!! i couldn't be happier!
Want to see my old set up? Beware...

 SO its not a great photo but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment